Saturday 1 June 2019

Singapore Dividends for Financial Freedom - Dividend Portfolio Update 2-5-19




Just like Mona, I, too, have a half smile on my face.

Alright folks, how have you been? It's been a busy few months at work and hence my absence from the blogging scene. But, now I'm back with a vengeance and ready for action.

The total value of my portfolio now stands at $986,000

This is with a total of $959,000 invested.

Thus, there's a paper gain of almost $30,000

Those of you who have read my blog before know my main portfolio focus is income, but that's not to say I don't have growth stocks as well. I do.

My growth stocks include the following:

SAT currently up 59%
SGX currently up 9%
Sheng Siong currently up 18%
Thai Bev currently down -1%
Wilmar Inter currently up 2%

I'm presently happy enough with the performance of these shares. Thai Bev is down slightly, yes, but I don't think this is a lot to worry about in the long run. Their purchases in Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam will hold them in good stead for the years to come.

Also, most of the REIT/Trusts in my portfolio are doing well also.

Aims currently up 5%
Ascendas currently up 16%
Ascendas H Trust currently up 6%
Ascott currently up 13%
Capital Com currently up 16%
Capital Mall currently up  22%
Fraser Com T currently up 9%

That said, it's not all good in the portfolio, for their are a few counters severely holding back the overall performance. Namely...

Accordia Golf Trust currently down 9%
First REIT currently down 9%
Global Investments currently down 11%
Singpost currently down 37%
Singtel currently down 18%
Starhub currently down 59%

I feel Accordia will be OK in the long run and it's big dividend offsets paper lossed.

First REIT is an unknown. I'm thinking about reducing my stake in it next week. 

I feel Global Investments will be OK in the long run.

Singpost is a smaller holding  so I'm not overly concerned.

Singtel will be fine in the long run and, as we all know, it pays a handsome dividend.

Starhub is again a small holding (thank goodness) but it's painful all the same. Can they pull things around? I honestly don't think they can. Thus, I'm biding my time and waiting for some positive news to bump the share price up before I sell. Of course, this day night never come especially if they cut their current unsustainable dividend. I'm suitably nervous about this counter.

In 2018 I earned almost $40,000 in dividends, and I'm expected more from 2019.

You can read about this here and here

Therefore, my portfolio is a mixed bag at the moment with the Telcos inflicting more pain than is necessary. REITS are still doing nicely as are the growth stocks. 












4 comments:

  1. 3 percent return............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you looking for a business loan, personal loans, mortgage loans, car loans, student loans, unsecured consolidation loans,project funding etc ... Or simply refuse loan from a bank or financial institution for one or more reasons? We are the right solutions for credit! We offer loans to businesses and individuals with low and affordable interest rate of 2%. So if you are Interested in an urgent and secured loan. For more information kindly email us today Via: elegantloanfirm@hotmail.com.



    ReplyDelete


  3. Dear Customers,

    We invite you all to participate in our new business and project funding program, We are currently funding for Business start-up Business developments, Business acquisition Business expansion, Project funding and Working capital etc.

    This Funding program allows a client to enjoy 3% low interest rate and payback period of 1 to 15 years. We can approve a loan/funding for up to a Million Dollars, Euros, Pounds or more depending on the nature of business we are currently funding for and we satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed

    Application Available
    Apply via E-mail: challotloan@gmail.com
    Regards,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post. Robert shumake foundation

    ReplyDelete

January 2021 Portfolio Update