Sunday 30 December 2018

Singapore Dividends for Financial Freedom - 5 Investing Goals for 2019



5 Goals for 2019

Hello to you all. I hope you are keeping well on New Year's Eve 2018. Today's the big day with countdown fever spreading across the globe from Belfast to Bangkok.

How are you feeling?

Is 2019 going to be the year you propel yourself forward towards becoming the best possible version of yourself? Or... will you be crying into a beer, teetering on the edge of a mental breakdown by the end of January? Only time will tell.

Let's go with the former and ride on a wave of optimism towards the crest of the year. Let's puff our chests out and hold steady like intrepid adventurers, smiling in the face of adversity and laughing as misfortune passes us by.

This is going to be a good year folks. I can feel it. I hope you all join me in 2019 as I plan to deliver fun posts filled with useful information about my jaunt down the bumpy road to financial freedom.

Come one come all!

Without further ado, here are my 5 goals for 2019:


1. Keep blogging

I've been blasting out posts since July 2018, and my goodness, I've had a great time. Honestly, sharing ideas in written form is therapeutic. Usually, I spend my days in a frantic tizz, running around like a sanitarium day release. However, when I sit down and type, all the niggling anxieties that twist my mind in strange directions dissipate, and what is left is a centered feeling of calm. That said, I hope my words give some people a smile or inspire others to get involved in investing.

Normally, I post on a Sunday. However, in 2019 I plan to post twice per week. On Sunday as usual and once in the middle of the week. I hope this floats your boat.

Also, I would be great to get some feedback from you, the readers, on how the blog reads and what you think I should tweak to enhance your experience. I'm a big boy and can take constructive criticism so don't be shy now. Bring it on!

2. Keep investing 

2018 was a messy year for global markets and who's to say 2019 will be any different. Thus. with dark clouds loitering on the horizon, my goal is not to panic-sell and keep investing.

Remember folks, what's happening in the investing world now is perfectly normal. This is not the first time investors have seen a deluge of red in their beloved portfolios. Nor will it be the last. So, make yourself comfortable, strap yourselves in for a bumpy ride and most importantly stick like glue to your investment goals.

3. Keep running

Presently, I'm 38 years old and have never been more physically fit. As I've talked about in earlier posts, jungle trail running is my shtick. Goodness knows how many km I've clocked up over 2018, but it's easily >1000 km. Many of you runners out there will be able to back me up when I say running makes life better. Without it a dank void appears and both your physical and mental health suffer immeasurably. Run for a more balanced life folks!

4. Be more mindful

From time to time I suffer from anxiety. This is not serious enough to send me to the doctor, but it does add a level of complexity to my life. I find, of course, running acts as a slayer of negative thoughts, and combined with daily meditation and breathing exercises, I feel a lot more at peace with the world.

It's easy to fall into negative thought patterns, and these,  if not taken seriously, can develop into something more serious. So, please let's all look after our heads in 2019.

As a wise woman once said to me: 'You've only got one head...look after it.' 

5. Cook more

As ancient wisdom states: 'You don't need a silver fork to eat good food.'

I couldn't agree more, but how many of us finish our days thinking...

'Why did I eat that extra piece of cake?' or 'McDonalds again!? Come on!'

Let's be honest, most people could eat better. In this spirit, I urge everyone to throw on an apron and getting cooking in 2019. Let's go heavy on the vegetables and fuel ourselves with decent, wholesome food.

Who's joining me?

Please share your 2019 goals with me in the message box below and let's do this together.

If you like this post, you can following be for more shenanigans at Twitter and Facebook:



    Facebook









 




No comments:

Post a Comment

January 2021 Portfolio Update